Thursday, July 9, 2009

IF I COULD CHANGE THE WORLD......

yesterday i was asked by Mrs Adesua Oyenokwe publisher of TW Magazine to write a piece on the above topic and i must confess,it felt a little daunting at first....i mean what does lil ol me know about changing the world? Instantly i thought to myself what do i need to change about my own life first before i start to think of changing the whole world...really?
THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD!!
so i thot to practice on blog first and see how much of a damage i'd cause if i were God for one day cos i think it would take God Like powers to change this here world of ours!! So lets go.....

IF I COULD CHANGE THE WORLD...
To change the world i think i would change me first. Make sure i do one good thing a day or maybe a week. Make a positive impact with everything i do. Smile more. Say thank You. Apologise to the next person who might have an issue with me and is nice is enough to say it out loud!! Love more unconditionally...(needless to say this would be hard!!)

And this brings me to my perfect plan of changing the world,personally i think the recipe is simple really...and i know it might sound cliched but if we think about it deeply we'd find that there is no other better 'expo' to changing the world.

Imagine a world where we all loved one another unconditionally....crossing boundaries like Race,Religion or whatever excuse we might come up with.Imagine the leaders of all Middle Eastern countries coming together over a cuppa Joe (they probably do while soldiers are bombing away!)

I honestly did not want to speak about what everyone else is going on about but i thought about it.....would you hurt someone you genuinely love? would you destroy their properties? would you kill their children and rape their wives and daughters? would you steal from them and take what belongs to them forcefully? would you wipe out their entire city?
I dont think so.....Please tell me again...Why shouldnt love be the answer to changing the world?

So if i could change the world...i would make sure i let out all the hate and spread the love like a farmer sparying his plants with pesticide...difference is ..this time i'd be killing the HATE!

Thats my final answer.

No comments: