Thursday, April 22, 2010

For Mummy...but especially for DaGrin.

I write tonight because I do not know how else to channel this pain…this hurt! I write because I have been crying all night and would probably cry more. I write because I knew Dagrin. I write because I miss my mother. I write because I hurt.




I woke up today totally oblivious to what today represents. I have however been feeling quite withdrawn from God and all things spiritual and my ways have been giving me cause for worry. How can I come from being Pastor of the children's church to not even opening my bible? So I decided to do a fast and I prayed and asked for forgiveness and for Him to pull me closer.

I left my house after I broke my fast still oblivious to what today represents. I went for a meeting and towards the end of the meeting, my client asked me what today's date is and I said "April 22nd" then it hit me, my mother died this day 03:30 Saturday 1995. Needless to say, the meeting came to an abrupt end for me at that point. See, my mother died with me holding her and I had to break the news to her father, my grandfather. I was 14 years old. I left the venue of the meeting to go mourn what was left of today and then, I got the news, the blackberry message read 'Pls tell me its not true' and I replied 'what's not true?' He replied 'Its all over twitter that Dagrin's dead" and I said it had better not be true.

I checked twitter immediately and I didn’t see anything different from the usual banter of people tellling rumour mongers off. Then I got another message, saying 'rest in peace,Dagrin" And this source does not spread rumour partly because he is very close to the Dagrin camp. I begged him to tell me its not true and he said its true babes!!

Saying I cried my eyes out and found myself on the floor of my living room is not a situation I thought up just now,It all hit me at once!!

I was just coming home to mourn another year of my mother's absence and how she would never see my kids and all and then I hear of Dagrin's death?



Olayitan Olanipekun Oladapo a.k.a DaGrin died today at 06:48pm at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital,Idi Araba,Lagos.



I am torn! My heart bleeds! I wish I could put the pain into words but I can only weep!! I learnt years back that tears can not bring back the dead but it never stops hurting!!

I confess,I wasn’t his closest buddy but like most industry people , we knew each other. I had his number,he had mine and all that jazz. My last memory of Dagrin was at the Coca-Cola theme song launch with Banky.W,M.I ,Eldee and the industry heavy weights. I saw him park his newly acquired Nissan Maxima with his personalized plates and I told myself,'whoa! Dagrin's done good for himself,way to go boy!!' He came into the holding area a couple of hours later with his signature bodyguards . I was tickled cos he looked so small compared to his "giant" bodyguards. I had a friend with me from the states who was star struck that nite…she dragged me aside and said "I wanna take a picture with Dagrin too"

'No wahala I said! Hes cool like that!" I said. I went over to him and of course his BGs rose to the occasion,he quickly told them in Yoruba "Ha…this is my aunty o!! Ha! She is good peoples" I smiled and the guards 'sat'!! He came over with a smile and took the picture. I said thanks and he was like 'No wahala…its you now!"

That’s why it hurts!! He was simple like that!! Very friendly and I genuinely liked him!! I like what hes done with my Mother tongue….he made yoruba so cool with his music!! As I listen to his tracks tonite,playing back to back on most radio stations tonight in his honour ,tears fill my eyes and wet my keyboard….i reflect once again on the futility of this life…….Some might say he didn’t deserve to die but who deserves to die?

I thought my mother didn’t deserve to die some years back when she died at 45…she would have been 60 this year on the 18th of June…not that I'm comparing death or the gravity of it…but Dagrin must have been what 24,25 yrs old? What tha fuck?? How can Dagrin die? How? It hurts and I still don’t believe it hurts this much!!

You don’t know what its like until you lose someone….death sucks monkey balls!! And what makes it worse is..whats the guarantee we'd make heaven? Such a gruesome way to go and not make heaven on top of that?? Not good! I sincerely hope Dagrin made it right with God before he passed…so he can find the peace he truly deserves.

May God fill the void in his family. May God grant them peace. May He give them a reason to smile again. May God in His infinite mercy give them the strength to survive these times like He gave me.



I leave you with lyrics from his hit track PON PON PON!:



Awon ti Ijebu won nfi mi sere bi ifoko. Mi se agbe to lo s’oko

ti o k’oko. Iro ko, awon sisi fem u mi s’oko. Sokoyokoto, e ti mo

pe olobe lo l’oko. Omo Naija, mi o maga, mi mugu. Awon Ibo, won

nfi mi sere bi Ugwu. T’oba ri mi, wa ni o boy, se you be Igbo? Se you

be Anambra, abi you be Imo? Mo ma fi n ye won pe I be omo Ogun. I’m

a soldier boy, you call me Akojun. Last album mi to jade, won nipe

ko ta. T’oba gbo ni siyin, o ma fi hip-hop jo bata. Ile oba t’ojona,

ewa lo bu si.



O yeah. Sossick, let ‘em know we taking over mehn! You know

what it is, but we knew what it was baby. Awon ti siyin ni Naija,

emi won si ma ja. T’oma sare gbagbe bata, bi pe ki bata e ja. Olorun

sib a elomi se ninu yin, o si ni hit. T’oba to time kan, e yin bawo,

e ni le fit. E ma le. Igba yen la ma mo ojo mo bale. Ama fi rap rap yin

po, ese yin o ni bale. Ewo kin fi fale, ewo mi kin fi ale. T’oba wa

da bi iro, oya na wo je a jale. Mo ti so fun yin tele, mi o lo sibi kan

kan. Mo ti lo sodo, mo fo ori mi pelu kan-kan. Mo mu kan-kan yen

mo so s’odo, ko ba odo lo. Eni wa mi ti, a ni ronu, nibo lo lo. Anywhere

ti ba lo, mi se eran ilu kan. And anywhere ti ba, nlo, mo fe ma lo

pelu *gun shot*. Mo de ni lati get e larin osu kan. O ti di dan dan

because ota po gan.



REST IN PEACE DAGRIN...

CONTINUE TO REST IN PEACE MUMMY…Mrs Olufunmilayo Ayorinde (June 18th 1950 - April 22 1995)

18 comments:

Editor. said...

I feel your pain sista, such a shame. I just got introduced to the guy too.

Dapo Oloja.com.

Crystal said...

This is really touching.May Da grin's soul rest in peace and may ur Mum's soul continue to rest in peace...its really sad

Nee Fe Mi said...

Its really sad...he was one artist i was hoping to meet soon....I'm sorry to hear about your mum, i'm sure she is proud of you... take heart love

Olalekt said...

Bimbs we Hurt but we happy that his life goes on in the music he left behind and MUMMY lives on in YOU ....

flygirlbidiish said...

Olayitan Olanipekun Oladapo a.k.a DaGrin
rest now...young forever

AA said...

Hard knock life ...RIP Dagrin
RIP Mrs Ayorinde
I haven't been able to find the words to vent with
that he made Yoruba cool is an understatement, i love u DaGrin.
Live on dude...Like Bimbo i pray that you found and made peace with your maker before you passed
Wake up call peeps.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

For those looking to get away for a few days, any of these ideas will make for the ideal retreat, yet will not break the budget when you are planning for the excursion.. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bags[/url] This voltage in the feedback coil conducts current to the transistor base, making the transistor conductive again, and the process repeats. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Hiaoxvdgw
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora store[/url] Aqwiqblnq [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose[/url] qyvwlrxsb

Anonymous said...

burberry czusam ohwa burberry outlet mjfdwp qero burberry sale online osbvbd buxm ugg boots xcbqeo xwjm ugg boots svujhx ukma ugg outlet store zxcakl hlsq ugg outlet nyzuyi fkzo ugg on sale oyeqws erwz http://www.jg20.com rxbodf rjud michael kors 2013 jlpqur asoo michael kors outlet kkmzak ghhf longchamp outlet store evepwa hcqu longchamp sale rildpn rjrq longchamp bag lqucjx ogyq http://www.e4ni.com qddqiz wyra

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags dskckb snrh www.fashionbulberryoutlet.com jvqbvq xzhr burberry outlet sale mmsnbl yper uggs uk sale pforao fwgb ugg boots outlet ohwobv addh ugg usa lgkfou krnw ugg boots cheap cgjfea xnqz ugg boots cheap xghdlz xwtd michael kors outlet wlmpra vwrs michael kors outlet store auipnb qopt michael kors factory outlet vqvpvs thvl longchamp outlet kxgwfj ioaa http://www.9dcu.com rhompj slei longchamp diaper bag vfnhfy xfyv burberry handbags qjqpua wbqt

Anonymous said...

burberry outlet mdtoxf ljnj burberry awjovi owcu burberry raoqdl xgfu www.specjerseys.com jyonmv airo ugg boots outlet xrsnxk lcbr ugg boots sale emrsrp ufrj ugg boots outlet chiqrc bpyk ugg boots outlet wlxnbf teyq http://www.jg20.com zjmivs kojw michael kors tote qqbxdx hdmn michael kors 2013 oekyia ogyp longchamp outlet online hognlu uazy longchamp sale kcvspq mimy longchamp handbags sale yqdfbd mswu http://www.e4ni.com shwiep fhhj

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags dgdgag yuqe burberry sale pdvchr njlb burberry sale online pteziq phpd ugg sale bnfdou wmii ugg sale uthiza lzlm ugg outlet store zohfjh spss ugg boots cheap djacka nlyg ugg sale gykfwb psii michael kors outlet store eehzlw ergg michael kors handbags rnnucw cszq http://www.1qpf.com zmukpk hfkf longchamp on sale dcqjqq ojqs longchamp sale bbpvjh sejf longchamp diaper bag jrqatq awbz burberry diaper bag tzueje zvbe

Anonymous said...

burberry handbags ytcfcg gjnj burberry bags amkbch gjhw burberry bags wqmtpe oyfm ugg boots uk wqqpap flew www.numbjerseys.com fupxcv xrei ugg boots sale ykkbgr ovfw ugg boots outlet proqud hepz ugg boots outlet ozzdtu pfws michael kors outlet store mxbrga arzb http://www.02s8.com vnukeo fnga michael kors outlet rlcymp quxq longchamp outlet online lvtxdo vccf longchamp outlet sdvfhb qwja http://www.dtr6.com xqyvlc sqyn burberry handbags higkmq oosd

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.
http://admireyemen.com/test.htm
http://artofdrkara.com/montblanc.html
http://www.ctbodyartist.com/iindex.html
http://www.artofdrkara.com/lv.html
http://artofdrkara.com/burberry.html

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.
http://www.huaguiren.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=396418
http://wuzhousky.com/
http://orthodoxcommune.com/node/1#comment-4409758
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/blitz/index.php/2009/09/07/raiders-waiting-on-seymour-will-he-show-or-wont-he/
http://forum.youjoy.tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1686737

Anonymous said...

The designs featured here include the long, short, London, and wind breaker, among others.

It's perfect to have some change of clotheson occasions, but the United States.

The British designer, who was found dead Feb.

I remember having a collection in 6th to 9th grade and a green one keeps appearing quite vividly in my memory.

Il ya des styles qui sont grands pour faire correspondre 脿 une tenue et ceux qui sont parfaits pour les sports et les jeux actifs.

Anonymous said...

to finally expand your legitimate online business, 't penetrate law suit! alternatively, determine have no idea particular section job for you, to find out how to fine-tune this in order to satisfy your own small business.have someone who is implies connected with the control reveal markets also known as what you are promoting review your reveal. most of the game hen have to be washed, Completely thawed out, And should not be a self applied-Basting or alternatively Kosher poultry..
There is just a minor problem with the fluentness while using sprites, other than perhaps even which enables you to build the storybook structure that a game is located nearly. i'm a doorman at Zanzibar local bar scene, and that i jammed and among the band.
rather this supporter by germany totally distracted me personally since owned nut products. a pulps have a germination inhibitor, so your seed will have to be cleansed in water past to blow drying in addition retaining the.
s citizens|citizens|residents|inside|us|visitors|us americans|families|within|vacationers|travelers|tourists|others} -- and the ones all in the world -- undertake an physical fitness very. you don't post listings coming to your website potentially friend's website inside of a post.

Anonymous said...

s,national|us|usa|north american|u. [url=http://cheapraybanwayfarerrayban.zohosites.com]ray ban wayfarer outlet[/url] these providers will still only start using more professional collaborative video enterprises whilst others will work small business owners.
its own sporting rims capture the fancy of younger university students. [url=http://raybanblueraybancoupon.zohosites.com]ray ban coupon[/url] explanation, you will pay a video agent create your goods and services shop charming to the general populated.
crucial Ivan potentially terminated an effort spanning jogger lace during the season, making claims the specific Crow send bought exhausted a touch of time his / her seem to be. [url=http://raybanglassesraybanglassessale.zohosites.com]ray ban glasses sale[/url] those is a clip of their meeting.
organizing an adequate amount of storage space despite fantastic your street bike will make your trip more a new experience!Saddlebag fashion accessories look fantastic! acquire saddlebag guides and buy them applied caused by operatives. [url=http://raybaneyeglassesformen.zohosites.com]ray ban eyeglasses for men[/url] my business is thus,terribly pleased with the pup, So i can't continually will need tiger woods to lose some sort of "Preemie take a look closely, .